Aerotek Engineering is looking for a Project Engineer/ Estimator to work for a local HVAC contractor in middle Tennessee. This project engineer will be responsible for the equipment and material take offs, selections, submittals, and preparations for orders and order entry. Other responsibilities will include the following:
* Obtain and validate vendor submittals.
* Generate and distribute final submittal.
* Provide technical support for customers and internal sales.
* Price and select HVAC equipment and materials for specific projects.
* Provide support to consulting engineers and contractors for HVAC, material, and product selection and design.
* Obtain approval of final submittal for timely production release and delivery of equipment.
* Review technical specifications, make quotes, and support the outside sales force and contractors.
* Provide detailed documents indicating selected equipment and materials for project.
* Effectively communicate pricing and selections to customers, venders, and internal sales.
* Organize pricing and scheduling of new and existing projects.
* Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
* High math aptitude
* Strong organizational skills
* Consistent positive attitude
* Bachelors or Associates degree preferred but not required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
* Prior experience working for an HVAC contractor is preferred but not required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills- candidate must be able to communicate well with office personnel, vendors, and customers. Written communication is very important to convey work scopes, quotes, and customer service issues
* Ability to be aggressive with project deadlines, scopes, and pricing but in a appropriate manner
You need to login to apply for job.